Focus on: MelaleucaMar 12, 2019
Melaleuca is better known as Tea Tree Oil, and it spent much time neglected in my oil box because of its clean, medicinal smell. Until I suddenly loved the smell started using it during a particularly busy time populated with a huge number of people and their specific needs. I discovered that emotionally Melaleuca helps set energetic boundaries, and that made total sense.
Disinfectant by nature, this oil encourages us to recognise negative baggage and co-dependency and replace them with connections to people based on respect, relinquishing self-betrayal and self-sabotage. Pretty cool, huh? Even I had no idea how true this was for my own life at the time, and it shows once again how we do gravitate towards the oils we need.
Melaleuca is, however, one of the big all-rounders, and a total must-have in your basic natural medicine cabinet. Practically, Melaleuca has been used as a broad-spectrum anti-bacterial and anti-viral oil for centuries (even if the terms weren't viral and bacterial weren't a thing...). I always have a roller in my handbag to deal with the cuts and bruises that are a daily accompaniment in a mum’s life.
- For occasional skin irritations, apply 1–2 drops of Melaleuca essential oil onto the affected area.
- Add 1–2 drops to water, citrus drinks, or veggie caps to support healthy immune system function.
- Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving.
- Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to purify and keep nails looking healthy.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use it on surfaces as a cleansing and purifying agent.
Also try this: Melaleuca applied on throat and chest together with Eucalyptus and Frankincense in a little bit of carrier oil can bring great relief for colds and sore throats.
Part of the Home Essentials Kit, this will quickly become your go-to for all minor ailments!
Stay connected with inspirations and updates
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.